Ultimo® Custom Cabinetry is hand-crafted in America and built to order. Each cabinet is crafted using only the best materials and construction methods and backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Unlike most other cabinet manufacturers, Ultimo® Custom Cabinetry can modify cabinets in all three dimensions (Height, Depth and Width) to 1/16”.
Ultimo® Box Construction
- A) Support Runners 1/2” thick plywood each side for added stability
- B) Back Rails 1/2” thick plywood top and bottom for added stability
- C) Back Panel 1/4” thick plywood with natural birch melamine interior
- D) Adjustable Shelf 3/4” thick plywood surfaced with natural birch melamine, metal shelf pins
- E) Bottom 1/2” thick plywood
- F) End Panel 3/4” thick plywood
- G) Toe Kick 4” tall plywood integrated toe board
- H) Face Frame 3/4” thick select solid hardwood
Ultimo® Plywood End Panels are Built for Better Results
Our plywood is specially designed to deliver exceptional durability with a smooth even finish. To achieve this, the plywood used in our exposed finished end panels features a layer of medium density fiber board (MDF) on either side of a hardwood plywood inner core consisting of 3 or more layers of hardwood. MDF is the best surface currently available for the application of tinted varnish, as it delivers a perfectly flat surface free from defects. For this reason, tinted varnish is applied directly to the MDF layer. For stained finished ends, stain is applied to a hardwood veneer over the exterior MDF layer. This is an optimal technique as it preserves the beauty of the chosen wood specie by preventing the undesirable characteristics of plywood, from appearing on the stained surface over time.
Ultimo® Drawer Construction
- A) Dovetail Joinery Ensures a strong joint
- B) Sides 5/8” thick hardwood for superior strength
- C) Routes Routes in the sides hold the bottom panel tight and “captive”, stapled and glued for extra strength
- D) Glides Soft-close, full-extension glides rated to hold 100 lbs.
- E) Easy Release Depress button to easily remove drawer for cleaning.
KCMA has certified that Ultimo Custom Cabinetry by Tuscan Hills has met the requirements for ANSI A161.1 Performance & Construction Standard for Kitchen and Vanity Cabinets. Cabinets that comply and bear the KCMA certification seal, like Ultimo Custom Cabinetry by Tuscan Hills, are able to perform after a rigorous battery of tests simulating years of typical household use. Tests are performed by approved third-party independent laboratories. Samples for testing are selected in an unannounced visit to manufacturing plant. More information can be found at www.kcma.org/ under Visitors and Homeowners.